Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wine Win Wedneday: Santa Carolina Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon

Wine:  2009 Santa Carolina Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon

Why it's a win: Our group of friends recently returned from an cruise through Alaska's Inside Passage and this was a popular bottle at our ridiculously fancy cruise dinners.  Initially I ordered it on a whim because I like Cabernets and because I usually always like Cabernets from Chile.  This bottle did not disappoint.  It was deep ruby in color, fruit forward with hints of chocolate and pepper, full-bodied enough to suit all of our meals, and with a well balanced finish.

Where you can find it:  Princess Cruises.  I'll let you know as soon as I see a bottle in the stores.  I'll be snatching up several when I do.

Price:  $25 on the cruise, so I assume it's around $10-15 in stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation!