Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Wine Win Wednesday: 2009 Castle Rock Syrah

Wine: 2009 Castle Rock Syrah

Why it's a Win: Can you say YUM!?  Plus it's from the 'hood (as in our region of the world - Columbia Valley- not Mt. Hood) and I'm partial to wines from our area. My parents found this for $9 in their local K-Falls wine shop, and I was amazed at how tasty a $9 wine can be!  This Syrah is medium-bodied, well balanced, rich berry flavors (which I'm also partial to) complimented by smoky spices.

Where you can find it: Great question... I'm not sure.  I searched a few stores in town after the folks left.  I found a 2010 Castle Rock Cabernet at Trader Joes (which I'm now dying to try) and a 2010 Castle Rock Pinot Noir at Fred Meyer.  But alas, no Syrah yet.  Keep your eyes peeled, though!

Price:  $8.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation!