Friday, February 17, 2012

Crab and Artichoke Dip

I've made this cheesy Crab and Artichoke dip for a couple of Wine and Dines now- and I'm happy to report it's been very well received. All credit goes to my mother Kimberly for graciously passing down all of her favorite recipes to me.

Ingredients:
  • 1 can lump crab meat (drained)
  • 1 can quartered artichoke hearts (drained and cut up a bit)
  • 1 (2 c) container of grated Parmesan cheese
  • 3/4 c. mayonnaise (we use the Kraft Olive Oil low fat mayo and it works great)
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp. hot sauce (this is optional, though I always use it and it's never too spicy)
  • Fresh parsley
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 and pam-spray a pie plate.
  2. Combine all ingredients, except parsley, in bowl and spread into pie plate.
  3. Top with chopped parsley and bake for 35-45 minutes.
  4. Serve with wheat crackers like Pepperidge Farms or Entertainer brands.
My mother serves this in a pie plate but I've also used a regular 8X8 pan with success.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for serving this at Rian's birthday! It was just as delicious as I remembered!!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation!